Thursday, March 28, 2013

Become Your Own Champion

By
Laura Dion-Jones

“To be a champ, you have to believe in yourself
when nobody else will.”

Sugar Ray Robinson
(1920-1989, American boxer)

           I’m lucky. I’ve always believed in myself - even now when I feel insecure and have doubts. When I was younger, I was told I was less by those who mattered most. Then I grew up. And I made sure I grew strong. And I made sure I always had the total support of my self – no matter what.
A lot of people who come to me for motivation, weight loss and fitness help don’t have any support at all. Instead, they hear how fat they are, how they couldn’t lose weight if their life depended on it, how they can’t do anything right, how worthless they are, how stupid and ugly they are, and a whole lot more. Life is tough enough without all that devious drama from one demon after another.
Sometimes the weight loss part is the least of it. Sometimes it’s just proving to yourself that when all else fails you can do something, anything, that’s positive and good for you, too.


Begin now to prove to yourself that you’re stronger than those who say you can’t; stronger than any favorite foods that are keeping you fat; stronger than being lazy and not getting out to exercise daily.
I know for me, besides my sometimes dicey physical situation, it became an issue of control – if I could do nothing else right in my life, I could have command over how much I ate and how much I exercised daily.
This was at a time when everything in my life was out of my control, and I mean everything, or so I thought.
I figured if I could do nothing else right, if nothing was working in my favor, I could at least learn to gain power over my self, my eating, my weight loss and my daily walking.
I did everything I could, including calling on a higher power, to convince myself that I could do it, that I could lose those 150 pounds I needed to lose and I wasn’t stopping until I did.
Being master of my fate means more to me than staying fat, more than all the chocolate, all the sweets, all the breads, pastas, potatoes, rice, cookies, cakes, pies, ice cream, or Ding-Dongs on the planet.
It has to mean more to you, too.
So, stop foolin’ around. Get on with it. You know what to do by now. You know how to eat right. You know that you have to exercise daily. There is no other way to get the weight off. And keep it off.
Besides, summer’s just around the corner. If you think you’re uncomfortable right now – just wait . . .
To be a champ, you truly have to believe in yourself when
no one else will.

# # #
 
For more information on Commit To Get Fit With Laura Dion-Jones, please go to http://www.commit-fit.com/  and to watch the TV shows live and listen to Laura's BlogTalk Radio Shows live . . .
 
Have a question for Laura or her special guest on her TV and radio shows?
Call them live at 312.738.1060.
 
If you know of any corporation, organization, company, group or individuals that are interested in having Laura present her "Commit To Get Fit With Laura Dion-Jones" motivational weight loss and wellness programs, they’re highly effective presentations tailored specifically for you. Contact info below:

Laura Dion-Jones is a Pro-Health Activist, Certified Corporate Wellness Coach, Certified Wellness Coach, TV & Radio Show Host, motivational & lifestyle writer & speaker.

Through Laura's highly successful Commit To Get Fit/Elgin's Biggest Loser motivational weight loss and wellness program, Laura helped motivate over 182 Elgin area residents to lose 1800 pounds in a little over 18 months.
Here's hoping you'll be next.

Laura is available for speaking engagements, individual coaching, and corporate wellness programs.
Email Laura@commit-fit.com for further details.

Laura's New Blog: www.commit-fit.blogspot.com
And don't forget the pups: Snob Hounds Canine Couture: www.snobhounds.com

As with any new diet and fitness plan, be sure to check with your physician before you begin.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your Comments!