Friday, January 18, 2013

Daily Cardio: The Better Burn

By
Laura Dion-Jones

Image Source: www.imgace.com
One of my guy fans just sent me this:

Dear Laura,

I will be sure to do my cardio today. Thanks for the reminder.
I think my schedule will normally be to do my daily walking in the neighborhood, or on my lunch hour while at work, along with some strength and flexibility exercises at home each day, then hit the gym on weekends for the weights.
I'm sure you know that you burn, in the long run, more calories from weights than cardio because when you exercise your muscles through weight training, the muscles continue to burn calories for up to 16 hours after you're finished.  
To get the most out of exercise, I think it’s good to do both cardio and weight training. Plus, for us guys, getting strong is good and helps with the definition of our muscles. All guys want big guns (arms) and 6-pack abs. 
I think one needs cardio, the right diet and weights to accomplish all of it.
Your motivational advice is terrific – keep it coming!
Best,
T

Dear T:

            Couple things: Congrats on formulating your daily cardio and fitness plan. That in itself takes a commitment and I can see you’re well on your way.
            And what you say about muscles burning calories for up to 16 hours after you’ve finished lifting is true, however, lifting weights and weight training of any sort are not cardio.
            Cardio and weight lifting are different animals, altogether, yet they both benefit you in their own unique way.
            I feel the calories you burn from weight training is a bonus burn along with doing daily cardio – and I say this from my personal experience.
           Nothing, nothing, nothing helped me boil that fat from my frame like daily walking. And the more I walked, the healthier and thinner I became, and my appetite decreased, as well.
           One of my marathon-running, personal trainer friends told me that walking, like running, blasts all that visceral fat from our innards like nothing else – and MAN, was she ever right. BTW, the gal’s also a Chiropractor.
Saving all your weight training for the weekends might harm you more in the long run than you even realize. You really should be doing strength training spread out at least 3 times a week.
Better yet, all my personal trainer friends recommend you weight train your lower body three days a week and your upper half the other three days a week – leaving one day off from weight training for good measure.
            Real cardio needs to be done every single day. Period. And weights are not cardio . . .
            I’m just sayin’.
You KNOW I work on my cardio practice daily. That's one reason why all my doctors and followers love me - cos I try to set a good example and more than walk the walk and walk the talk.
            And in one of my recent Commit To Get Fit seminars, a Southern Belle asked if she had to do cardio “even on Sundays – cos it’s the Lord’s Day, Miss Laura.”
            My response: “Why, Miss Suzanne, you eat on Sundays, don’t you?”
           ‘Nough said . . .
Make sure you get your daily walk in no matter what.
Do an hour of cardio today - for the health of it!
And: There are no excuses for being overweight - for any of us.
When you work your ass off, and Commit To Get Fit With Laura Dion-Jones - good things will happen with your weight loss, health and fitness! But you gotta do your daily hour's cardio combined with a good, healthy, low-carb diet - cos it's the carbs that are killing you. Ask your endocrinologist/internist. You do have a good one, don’t you?
             Make today terrific! Do your daily cardio for your health. 
Do it for your life.
Laura

# # #

On Monday night, January 21, 2013, Laura will host her Commit To Get Fit 90-minute introduction seminar at Chicago Dance Studio located at 415 West Huron, Chicago, IL 60654. Email Laura at laura@commit-fit.com or go to MeetUps.com for more details and to register.

Please take this as a special invitation to any and all of Laura's former clients and participants of her Commit To Get Fit/Elgin's Biggest Loser seminars who need to come join us for that up close and personal C2GF tune-up that you know Laura is famous for - just in case you need a little push to get back on the weight loss and wellness wagon for the New Year.
  
* If you know of any corporation, organization, company, group or individuals that are interested in having me come and present my "Commit To Get Fit" motivational weight loss and wellness programs in the beginning of 2013, I will put on a highly effective presentation tailored specifically for you. Contact info below:

* Laura Dion-Jones is a Pro-Health Activist, Certified Corporate Wellness Coach, Certified Wellness Coach, Radio Show Host, motivational & lifestyle writer & speaker.

* Through Laura's highly successful Commit To Get Fit/Elgin's Biggest Loser motivational weight loss and wellness program, Laura helped motivate over 182 Elgin area residents to lose 1800 pounds in a little over 18 months.
Here's hoping you'll be next.

* Laura is available for speaking engagements, individual coaching, and corporate wellness programs.
Email Laura@commit-fit.com for further details.

Laura's New Blog: www.commit-fit.blogspot.com
And don't forget the pups: Snob Hounds Canine Couture: www.snobhounds.com

* As with any new diet and fitness plan, be sure to check with your physician before you begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your Comments!